Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: top 10 current NFL qb's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    top 10 current NFL qb's?

    what is your list for the top 10 current active NFL QB's?

    1. T Brady
    2. P Manning
    3. D Brees
    4. B Roethlisberger
    5. K Warner
    6. D McNabb
    7. P Rivers
    8. A. Rodgers
    9. Matt Ryan (don't like to pick after one year in the league though)
    10. C Palmer (iffy on this too because of injury but if healthy...)

    Cutler and Romo don't make my list because both have to prove they can win late in the season and Eli Manning ....without Plax seems a little lost but he seems to have improved since the SB win in certain areas. I do think this will be McNabbs last great chance for a SB ring as a starter. I'd almost rank Brees as the best QB if he had just one ring. The man is maybe the best pure passing QB we have seen since Marino. If N.O. could just give him a good "D" it would be scary. Big Ben is kind of Favre like. Will take chances, some big chances. maybe not the best TD to INT ratio but the man can win a game when it is all on the line.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Brees puts up some impressive numbers, but Roethlisberger has to be a solid third in my opinion. I know that Pittsburgh won their titles on defense and a great running game, but Super Bowl titles carry a lot of importance. I also would have to put Eli in there around 6 or 7 also. Even though Mcnabb doesn't have a title, I would probably want him in a big game over Eli. I don't think Rodgers or Ryan have proven themselves yet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    1. Peyton
    2. Ben
    3.Brady - I'd look that good too if I had that good of a team around me.
    4. Brees
    5. Warner
    6. Rivers
    7. Romo - He's still **** good.
    8. Eli - not worth his recent 97 million contract, but he led his team to a ring.
    9. Palmer
    10. Cutler - it was a toss-up and I like him.



    I don't know how Rodgers and Ryan have proven themselves over a Romo or Palmer and McNabb would make that list if he played 100% all/most of the season.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Here are mine.....


    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Donovan McNabb
    5. Jay Culter
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Kurt Warner
    8. Eli Manning
    9. Matt Ryan
    10t Ben Roethlisberger
    10t Phillip Rivers
    10t Carson Palmer

    This was a little harder than I thought
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    1. Peyton
    2. Ben
    3.Brady - I'd look that good too if I had that good of a team around me.
    4. Brees
    5. Warner
    6. Rivers
    7. Romo - He's still **** good.
    8. Eli - not worth his recent 97 million contract, but he led his team to a ring.
    9. Palmer
    10. Cutler - it was a toss-up and I like him.



    I don't know how Rodgers and Ryan have proven themselves over a Romo or Palmer and McNabb would make that list if he played 100% all/most of the season.

    I laughed when I read what you said about Brady, he won them rings without all that great help. Matter of fact he prolly had less help then most of the QBs in the league around that time...

    Brady is a beast!
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    you cant compare the Ravens D that year to the Giants D two years ago. its not comparable.

    and eli led the game winning drive, dilfer was only not to lose the game.

    i get your point, but eli proved to me he had the QB mojo during that postseason.
    and thats something a few QB's (brees, palmer, romo, etc..) still havent mastered.


    romo has led his team to the post-season, rodgers has not.

    and i really think you guys are selling carson palmer short.

    him and tom brady both are coming off significant injuries, but brady is still near the top of the list, whilst palmer is just an after thought.

    palmer has top 3 skills, no doubt.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Peyton
    Mcnabb
    Big Ben
    Brady
    Warner
    Eli
    Rivers
    Brees
    Romo
    Pennington

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xknight52 View Post
    I laughed when I read what you said about Brady
    Brady is a beast!


    i believe we all laughed when you put collins in the top 10

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by burton2019 View Post
    i believe we all laughed when you put collins in the top 10
    and when did i ever put Collins in the top ten?
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 10 current NFL qb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by 89bluedevil View Post
    I know that Pittsburgh won their titles on defense and a great running game, but Super Bowl titles carry a lot of importance.
    Oh, but the Steelers won on a great defense and Ben throwing the ball. The first SB it was Willie Parker and Randel El but Ben was great for that playoff run. The 2nd SB was Ben and a great D. how may times were the steelers O-line just pounded, riddiculed and made fun of because the steelers couldn't run the ball over the last 2 or 3 years. The running game in Pittsburgh is not what it use to be. Parker is a speed guy, not a pound it off tackle guy. with Mendanhal healthy maybe we will get back to a solid running game. It was passing at the right time and when it counted. we couldn't count in rushing and and getting a 3rd & 2.
    2008 rushing stats are not pretty. we ranked 9th in attempts but ranked 23 in yards.we ranked 29 in yards per attempt. we were held under 100 yards rushing in 10 games last year. we were held under 70 yards rushing 6 times.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/pit/2008.htm
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •